Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Sunset After the Rain"


I did these paintings for my son, Aidan's, room. The bear stuffed animal, affectionately called "blue bear" is his favorite toy to this day and he is now 2 and 1/2 years old. He still can't go to sleep without "blue bear". I felt these paintings captured a timeless memory of a beloved childhood toy who I know see with a stitched up nose, flat as a pancake and a dusty light blue. What a memory.
























47 x 24"

oil on stretched canvas

This was one of my first attempts at a very detailed large scale painting. I had always been an artist but was rediscovering my interest and gift through oil painting. This scene was put together from pictures of several houses I had photographed on California Street. The houses are all old a retain their charm and warmth from years past.